Third Church has a traditional Sunday School for children of all ages. It meets after “Time for Children” in our 11:00 a.m. worship service during the September – May season. Professional Child Care is also available on Sunday Mornings during Worship.
Adult Forum has presentations and discussions on topics of current interest to the faith community. Adult Forum meets downstairs in the Lounge after a coffee and donut fellowship time about 10:00 a.m on Sundays.
The Good Book Study is led by Rev. Torbert and includes a substantial time for discussion of the meaning and application of a given Biblical text.
The Lenten Series has a substantial educational element as well as fellowship.
- Fellowship activities at Third Church include groups for children, young adults and older adults.
- In addition to the usual education activities on Sunday mornings, we have occasional programs that appeal to members and friends of all ages.
- Major fellowship events and special worship services include:
- Our Kickoff Cookout the Sunday after Labor Day (All are Welcome)
- Pumpkin Sale (last half of October, to raise money for Hands-On-Mission)
- Christmas Pageant & Lunch (usually the 3rd Sunday in December)
- Traditional Christmas Eve Candlelight Service (8:00 p.m. on December 24)
- Lenten Series select Wednesday nights after Ash Wednesday (activities for all ages)
- Palm Sunday Breakfast & Easter Egg Hunt (10:00 a.m. )
- Maundy Thursday (7:30 p.m.)
- Good Friday Readings & Prayers (11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.)
- Easter Resurrection Service (11:00 a.m. )
- Pentecost Service & New Members Received (11:00 a.m.)
- Strawberry Festival (June)
Presbyterian Women (PW) are a vital part of the life of the Third Church Community of Faith. PW members run two Rummage Sales (usually on the first Saturday of October and the second Saturday in May) and a Christmas Bazaar (usually on the second Saturday of November). In addition, regular PW programs include a monthly Bible Study (on third Tuesday mornings), Ladies Book Club & Dessert (once monthly), a Lunch Bunch (monthly, usually on the second Tuesday), a Prayer Breakfast (in March), and various gatherings, Church lunches and other mission-related programs.